Agape has a deep tradition of donating time and raising funds for Georgia charitable organizations. We believe it is our responsibility to give back to the community through tennis events and youth development.
- Partnership with Emory Sports Medicine
- Partnership with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta – offering tennis instruction to program participants at no cost
- Partnership with Business Women Love Tennis – an organization that uses tennis as a transformative tool to connect and support women in business and life.
- Partnership with Your Serve Tennis
- Supporter of Sporty Girls – an organization commited to cultivating, enriching, and challenging young women to participate in golf, lacrosse, soccer, swimming, and tennis while fostering and developing lifestyle and academic skills.
- Hosts for Special Pops – an organization that offers an adaptive tennis program specifically designed to share the lifetime sport of tennis with children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
- Raised $80,000 for enAble of Georgia
- Growing Leaders for Life Partnership
- Volunteer work at the Ron Clark Academy
- Host of the Annual Serving Hope Tennis Tennis & Pickleball Tournament
Quincy Jones, CEO of Beats the Streets is the Community Outreach Director at Agape Tennis Academy. In 2016, Agape Tennis Academy was voted the Community Outreach Program of the Year by the Georgia Tennis Association.
BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS
Agape Tennis Academy is partnering with BBBS to provide tennis programming for this outstanding organization. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta works with volunteers, parents and families to create one-to-one mentoring relationships that defend, inspire and empower the potential that lives within every kid. We are ready to build the best and biggest possible future, together.
EMORY TENNIS MEDICINE PARTNERS WITH AGAPE TENNIS ACADEMY
Tennis medicine is a unique program offered by the Emory Sports Medicine Center which promotes health through tennis and provides specialized treatment for a wide range of tennis- related injuries.
Through this partnership we will offer competitive and recreational players of all ages and abilities comprehensive care in a way that is specific to the game. Our physicians and staff are tennis experts who look for the root cause of every injury, and then provide proper medical treatment.
Key components of thepartnership with Agape Tennis Academy include:
1. On-site athletic trainer available for injury evaluations on Mondays at Agape @ Dekalb Tennis Center (contact email@example.com for more info)
2. Expedited scheduling for evaluation and consult with Emory Tennis Medicine physician, Dr. Neeru Jayanthi and other tennis medicine colleagues
3. A network of experts in tennis-specific performance, rehabilitation, nutrition, and psychology
4. Immediate access with tennis injury hotline for players within 24-48 hrs.
5. Access for selective on court stroke evaluations (junior/elite tournament players and select adult players) with Emory tennis medicine specialist.
Agape Tennis Academy was honored to help provide and introduce tennis to 200 young minority girls right here in DeKalb County with USTA Atlanta and Sporty Girls. The mission of Sporty Girls is to cultivate, enrich, and challenge young, minority women to participate in swimming, soccer, tennis, golf, and lacrosse while developing and fostering lifestyle and academic skills. Sporty Girls founder, Rashan Ali is from DeKalb County and is a celebrity actress, radio personality, tv host, mother, wife, philanthropist, and overall an extraordinary woman. Agape supports Sporty Girls all the way!
SERVING HOPE TENNIS & PICKLEBALL TOURNAMENT
Agape Tennis Academy at the DeKalb Tennis Center hosted the first annual Serving Hope Tennis and Pickleball Tournament in March 2021. All sponsors and participants donated to support the vision and mission of Heart for Africa, which is caring for 281 orphaned children under the age of ten!
HOPE PERFORMANCE TENNIS
Thank you to all our Agape students and families who donated used tennis equipment, gear, and clothing to the youth tennis players in Ghana, Africa through Hope Performance Tennis. The boxes we filled at DeKalb Tennis Center are being shipped over to Ghana! These items have a huge impact for them. In other news, the Ghana Davis Cup team recently had some strong results! Thank you for helping us change lives not only locally, but internationally. Thank you Coach Enock Godi for the work you are doing in your country!
SPORT FOR GOOD ATLANTA
At the newly renovated YMCA of Metro Atlanta with Sport for Good Atlanta. Sport for Good Atlanta is a long-term, collaborative approach to strengthening Westside communities through the power of sport. In July 2017, this commitment to the Vine City, English Avenue, and Washington Park neighborhoods announced funding for 14 local programs that are using sport to improve the lives of youth. Together, stakeholders from these neighborhoods have set shared goals to envision a brighter future for kids on the Westside. Agape Tennis is happy to be involved with this initiative.
AGAPE TENNIS ACADEMY IS A PROUD PARTNER AND SPONSOR OF INTERRECRUIT
InterRecruit is a non-profit organization whose mission is to: “identify talented children from low income and minority families from the Southern and Eastern sections of Atlanta and Africa who have a passion for sports, work with them so they graduate from high school, and then offer them scholarship opportunities so they can earn a college degree.”
InterRecruit is committed to helping in the global effort to provide education to impoverished children in Africa and America by engaging them in sports and life shaping free time activities. The best practices-based program of work carried out by InterRecruit has been shown to
- Keep youth in school and graduating from high school
- Motivate youth to pursue a college education
- Reduce substance abuse and delinquency
InterRecruit also provides assistance to participating athletes who successfully graduate from college and are pursuing a professional career in sports.
Learn more or donate here: https://www.interrecruit.org
WASHINGTON PARK CLEANUP
An Agape Tennis crew was out at the Historic Washington Park for King Service Day. Our team put in great work at the park: weeding and mulching trees, picking up bags and bags of litter, and creating a mulched path at the entrance of Washington Park Tennis Center to the park itself. We enjoyed our time helping to beautify this historic park.
BUSINESS WOMEN LOVE TENNIS
Business Women Love Tennis, a high-performance, personal growth brand created by strategist and speaker Sheronde Glover hosted its second Business and Tennis Clinic on Friday, June 21st at Dekalb Tennis Center in conjunction with Agape Tennis Academy.
A group of diverse women —– entrepreneurs, business owners, and career women —- came together for a morning of business and tennis drills. The clinic, Enhancing Your Network: The Power of Connection was 2.5 hours of networking, tennis drills, food, fun, and music. Participants were able to connect, collaborate and enjoy it all on the tennis courts, then reflect on what they learned and how it applies in business and life.